Biodynamics is the most respectful way towards nature, which allows us to express each of our terroirs with a deep originality. It implements the root work of the plant, in an environment free of synthetic products. It is based on the following points:
In the vineyard:
- Respect for astronomical cycles
- Implementation of biodynamic preparations
- Exclusion of weed killers, by working the soil, which also allows good colonisation of the soil by the roots, and thus full expression of the terroir.
- The exclusive contribution of compost, which supports the soil's microbial life, because synthetic fertilisers disorganise the soil and bring excessive vine growth.
- Exclusive use of natural products (nettle, horsetail, sulfur, ...) to fight against diseases, and therefore total exclusion of synthetic products that are highly toxic for the environment (groundwater, peripheral fauna and flora) but that are also found in grapes and wine.
- Use of massal selections and planted grape varieties to respect biodiversity
- Encouraging the development of wildlife and auxiliary forest by restoring hedges, fruit trees and insect or mammal nests in the vineyard.
- Leads to AB and Demeter certification
In the cellar:
- No synthetic yeasts are used, only natural yeasts from each grape and each vineyard.
- Respect for the natural fermentation process: no addition of nitrogen deficiency correctors, no addition of bacteria or enzymes; no aromatic additives.
- No chaptalization or acidification or deacidification
-No addition of gum arabic
The result is an original wine, reflecting the deep characteristics of the terroir from which it comes, and whose virtues for the body are those of a healthy grape.